Greenlight? More like Greenlit!
September 12th, 2012 by Maxx
And it is all thanks to you! We could never have done this without the support of all of our fans who took the time to download the game and give us their thumbs-up on Greenlight.
So after years of turmoil, struggle and hard work, the team is proud to announce that thanks to the community’s generous support we have officially met the requirements of Valve’s Greenlight process. This news represents a turning point in NMRIH’s development cycle, as we will soon have the full support of Valve and its ever-growing community. Although this means major positive changes for the way NMRIH fans get the latest updates and support, NMRIH has always been, and will remain a free modification for Half-Life 2.
If you haven't done so yet, go and grab the No More Room in Hell 1.05 installer and give it a try! I talk to many of you on a regular basis, and we are awlays interested in what you have to say. Stop by the forums and let us know what you think about the game! Check out our forum and give us your feedback, bug reports, ideas, and suggestions!
We won't be on Steam for a while yet, though. There are some legal and technical details that we need to address before the game will be available on Steam. We are working tirelessly to make this a reality as quickly as possible. It will be good for us, good for you, and good for the game.
Thank you all again so much, this is really like a dream come true and something I personally never expected would happen. But it did happen, and it happened because of you guys. We are all just happy that you like the game!
Beta 1.05 Release!
September 7th, 2012 by Dman757
Hello! 1.05 is finally here. It's been a long time coming and this patch is packed with new features, maps and weapons. We hope you enjoy the changes we've made and just incase you don't send us an email we would love to hear your feedback: email@example.com
Anyway have fun, good luck. - Dman
No More Room in Hell is on the lookout for talented Third-Person Animators. We have a dedicated team of developers who work on the mod in their free-time. This position is UNPAID. By working with us you will grow a healthy portfolio for future opportunities in the business as well as the unparallelled experience that comes with modding. Do you have the initiative to work on PC Gamer's 2011 Mod of the Year? We look forward to working with you and developing one hell of a mod! Click here for a full description and to apply.
While in Texas for QuakeCon, we sat down with Game Front's Phil Hornshaw and Ross Lincoln for an interview about the history of the mod and its bright future! Check it out here. They also recently did a play though for their yourtube channel which you can find here.
- New HUD elements: weight based radial selection menu with ammo counts
- Ammo carrying capacity is now based on weight
- Removed ammo count from indicator
- Implemented audible ammo checks
- Removed voice command text from chat
- Implemented an optional subtitle system in place of the voice command text chat
- Backward movement speed reduced
- Added a 5% to 10% chance that damage to a zombie can stagger it back with sustained fire
- Melee weapons now have a chance to stagger zombies; bladed weapons have a 10% chance of knocking a zombie back with a quick attack (35% for a charged attack) while in comparison, blunt weapons have a 40% chance for quick attacks (and 80% for charged attacks)
- Melee weapon quick attacks now use up stamina; how much stamina used is based on the weapon itself (ex: sledgehammers use more strength, while a baseball bat doesn't)
- Shoving and melee attacks won't use stamina if they don't hit anything (zombies, the ground, etc.)
- Non-kid zombies now have a chance of falling over and reanimating instead of dying if not killed by a headshot
- Bullet penetration through zombies for high caliber rifles and pistols
- Various tweaks to preexisting stamina values
- Added skill shot with pistols - standing still in iron sights for a time will trigger the mode with visual overlay allowing for increased shot damage
- Player now has a chance to bleed out when taking damage, causing damage over time and increasing stamina jump cost
- Initial FMOD Implementation
- Set sv_master_legacy_mode to 0
- Delayed navmesh loading: Servers won't take as long to switch maps
- Optimized Maglite's dynamic lighting
- Fixed various minor bugs, both client and server related
- Added an "Advanced" button in the Multiplayer Options tab, allowing for easy toggling of preexisting commands (Toggable ironsights, etc.)
- Initial implementation of the following localization files: French, German, Portuguese, Russian
- Dead/late joining players can now respawn in the next wave in Survival Mode, regardless if the last 5 zombies in the previous wave were killed in time
- Respawning players in Survival Mode will come back in with 50% health
- Added holster command (in Keyboard Options)
- New main menu background and buttons
- Updated HUD radial selection menu design
- Added first aid kit (gives 20 HP) and bandages (stops bleeding)
- Added bleed out screen vignette
- Added M-10 submachine gun
- Added Winchester 1892 rifle
- Added various mall and biohazard props
- Fixed bounding boxes for certain zombie models
- Disabled splash screen video
- Fixed min/max errors with certain models
- Blood pools now form on ground
- Updated blood, impact, and explosion effects
- New main menu music
- New infection audio
- New loading music
- Added audio files for ammo checking
- Added audio for bleeding and bandage use
- Added nms_northway by Sotapoika
- Added nms_favela by Juniez
- Tweaked some props' fade-distances in the dockside to make it run smoother
- Cleaned up navmesh
- Added extra playerclips
- Replaced some func_details with props
- Added medkits and bandages in the map
- Applied Nodraw to odd faces
- Other minor tweaks
- Modified layout to optimize some parts of the map
- Added bandages and first aid kits
- Added Winning Scenario into the map (Survive at least 10 waves and a chopper will arrive)
We are on Steam Greenlight! If we receive enough upvotes the mod could appear officially on Steam. This extends our reach to a much larger audience, allows us to add more content per update, and get those updates out much more often. It also makes installation a breeze just like any other game you own on Steam. No More Room in Hell will still be 100% free. Everybody wins. Remember, Greenlight is not a competition so upvote other great titles while you are at it!
Server List not showing up? Check out this thread for solutions!
Invalid Steam ID Ticket? Check out this thread for a fix!
Download No More Room in Hell!
Note the windows server files are included in the download.
Follow, Like, Subscribe! Whatever your preference will bring you the most up to date info on NMRiH
August 30th, 2012 by Xendrid
Hello folks! We would like to thank everyone for being patient with 1.05. The update is in content lockdown and is undergoing testing for a release very soon! Right now however, we are on Steam's newest and most ambitious feature: GREENLIGHT! What is Greenlight? It gives indie and mod developers a chance to get their games Steam support. What does this mean for No More Room in Hell?
- Easy installation
- Faster updates to the game
- Reaching a much wider audience of players
All it takes is enough votes from the people who want all of the above! Don't worry, No More Room in Hell will always be 100% free.
Server Owners Please Read!
July 19th, 2012 by Riley
(Possible Solution to Master Server Issue)
After doing some investigating with Chanz, I've found a solution to get your server back onto the NMRiH Server Browser! Spread the word!
Note: This is for server owners only, clients won't benefit from this (unless you're hosting a listen server, it might work?)
Follow those 4 easy steps as SERVER OWNER (every server owner has to do this, its no use if you try this on your client)!
1. Open your 'server.cfg' with a text editor (you'll find it in "nmrih/cfg/").
2. Paste the following at the END of it:
// Master Server Settings
//Disable this since steam master servers won't support it anymore.
//Send server ready notice. Should be the last line of the config.
3. Save the file and put it back on your server.
4. Restart your server OR type "exec server.cfg" (without "") into your server console (HLSW, rcon or sm_rcon works as well).
Your servers should be visible again!
And if you're a Linux server owner and have missed the previous news posts, we've recently updated our linux binaries which should help resolve some crash issues! (This is the July 3rd Linux Binaries, if you've already downloaded it before from a previous news post you don't need to do so again)
You can download it >here<
Download No More Room in Hell!
Note the windows server files are included in the download.
Follow,Like,Subscribe! Whatever your preference will bring you the most up to date info on NMRiH: